ROSARITO BEACH, BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO---This tourist destination reminds visitors from the United States that as of June 1 they’ll need a passport or similar document to re-enter the U.S. by land or sea.
That is the date for full implementation of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. Since January 2007 the requirements have been in effect for air travelers returning from Mexico or Canada.
Under the provisions, U.S. citizens age 18 or older re-entering the country will be required to show a passport, passport card, or approved traveler document such as a NEXUS or SENTRI pass.
Previously, a birth certificate and proof of identity were sufficient. For those under 18, a birth certificate still will be acceptable. Full requirements and application procedures are available at www.cbp.gov
Rosarito has posted notice of the changes on its Convention and Visitors Bureau website (www.rosarito.org) and shared them with city businesses and residents, which include an estimated 14,000 U.S. citizens.
The new requirements, according to U.S. officials, are intended both to make the border more secure and speed processing by providing inspectors with a more standard set of re-entry documents.
“We hope that the transition goes smoothly and that the new procedures do indeed make the border crossing more efficient for our visitors and others who use it,”
said Rosarito Beach Mayor Hugo Torres.
The San Ysidro port of entry, used by many of the one-million annual visitors to Rosarito, is the busiest border crossing in the world.
www.rosarito.org
Your source for Rosarito News, Rosarito Hotel Guide, Tourist Info, Rosarito Videos, Rosarito Images and much more!
Mostrando entradas con la etiqueta whti. Mostrar todas las entradas
Mostrando entradas con la etiqueta whti. Mostrar todas las entradas
martes, 26 de mayo de 2009
Rosarito Beach Reminds U.S. Visitors, Of New June 1 Document Requirements
ROSARITO BEACH, BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO---This tourist destination reminds visitors from the United States that as of June 1 they’ll need a passport or similar document to re-enter the U.S. by land or sea.
That is the date for full implementation of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. Since January 2007 the requirements have been in effect for air travelers returning from Mexico or Canada.
Under the provisions, U.S. citizens age 18 or older re-entering the country will be required to show a passport, passport card, or approved traveler document such as a NEXUS or SENTRI pass.
Previously, a birth certificate and proof of identity were sufficient. For those under 18, a birth certificate still will be acceptable. Full requirements and application procedures are available at www.cbp.gov
Rosarito has posted notice of the changes on its Convention and Visitors Bureau website (www.rosarito.org) and shared them with city businesses and residents, which include an estimated 14,000 U.S. citizens.
The new requirements, according to U.S. officials, are intended both to make the border more secure and speed processing by providing inspectors with a more standard set of re-entry documents.
“We hope that the transition goes smoothly and that the new procedures do indeed make the border crossing more efficient for our visitors and others who use it,”
said Rosarito Beach Mayor Hugo Torres.
The San Ysidro port of entry, used by many of the one-million annual visitors to Rosarito, is the busiest border crossing in the world.
www.rosarito.org
That is the date for full implementation of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. Since January 2007 the requirements have been in effect for air travelers returning from Mexico or Canada.
Under the provisions, U.S. citizens age 18 or older re-entering the country will be required to show a passport, passport card, or approved traveler document such as a NEXUS or SENTRI pass.
Previously, a birth certificate and proof of identity were sufficient. For those under 18, a birth certificate still will be acceptable. Full requirements and application procedures are available at www.cbp.gov
Rosarito has posted notice of the changes on its Convention and Visitors Bureau website (www.rosarito.org) and shared them with city businesses and residents, which include an estimated 14,000 U.S. citizens.
The new requirements, according to U.S. officials, are intended both to make the border more secure and speed processing by providing inspectors with a more standard set of re-entry documents.
“We hope that the transition goes smoothly and that the new procedures do indeed make the border crossing more efficient for our visitors and others who use it,”
said Rosarito Beach Mayor Hugo Torres.
The San Ysidro port of entry, used by many of the one-million annual visitors to Rosarito, is the busiest border crossing in the world.
www.rosarito.org
viernes, 8 de mayo de 2009
Rosarito Beach Reminds U.S. Visitors, Of New June 1 Document Requirements
ROSARITO BEACH, BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO---This tourist destination reminds visitors from the United States that as of June 1 they’ll need a passport or similar document to re-enter the U.S. by land or sea.
That is the date for full implementation of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. Since January 2007 the requirements have been in effect for air travelers returning from Mexico or Canada.
Under the provisions, U.S. citizens age 18 or older re-entering the country will be required to show a passport, passport card, or approved traveler document such as a NEXUS or SENTRI pass.
Previously, a birth certificate and proof of identity were sufficient. For those under 18, a birth certificate still will be acceptable. Full requirements and application procedures are available at www.cbp.gov
Rosarito has posted notice of the changes on its Convention and Visitors Bureau website (www.rosarito.org) and shared them with city businesses and residents, which include an estimated 14,000 U.S. citizens.
The new requirements, according to U.S. officials, are intended both to make the border more secure and speed processing by providing inspectors with a more standard set of re-entry documents.
The San Ysidro port of entry, used by many of the one-million annual visitors to Rosarito, is the busiest border crossing in the world.
www.rosarito.org
That is the date for full implementation of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. Since January 2007 the requirements have been in effect for air travelers returning from Mexico or Canada.
Under the provisions, U.S. citizens age 18 or older re-entering the country will be required to show a passport, passport card, or approved traveler document such as a NEXUS or SENTRI pass.
Previously, a birth certificate and proof of identity were sufficient. For those under 18, a birth certificate still will be acceptable. Full requirements and application procedures are available at www.cbp.gov
Rosarito has posted notice of the changes on its Convention and Visitors Bureau website (www.rosarito.org) and shared them with city businesses and residents, which include an estimated 14,000 U.S. citizens.
The new requirements, according to U.S. officials, are intended both to make the border more secure and speed processing by providing inspectors with a more standard set of re-entry documents.
“We hope that the transition goes smoothly and that the new procedures do indeed make the border crossing more efficient for our visitors and others who use it,”said Rosarito Beach Mayor Hugo Torres.
The San Ysidro port of entry, used by many of the one-million annual visitors to Rosarito, is the busiest border crossing in the world.
www.rosarito.org
Suscribirse a:
Entradas (Atom)